Travel and experience life in another country, learn the language and live with a host family on a classic high school student exchange. The classic high school student exchange program provides you with your own unique experience and opportunity to see a little bit of the world.
HOW LONG CAN I STUDY ABROAD?
Mid August–Mid November
Mid January–Mid April
Mid August– Mid January
Mid January–Mid June
Mid August– Mid June
Germany at a Glance
Known ForChristmas Markets, Beethoven, Oktoberfest, Gummy Bears, Bratwurst & Sausages, German Cars
Say HelloGuten Tag!
(2020/21 School Year)
(2020/21 School Year)
What’s Included for the Student Exchange Program?
- School Registration and Placement
- Host Family Recruitment, Screening and Placement
- Food and Lodging with Host Family
- Full and Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided by Guard.me
- Pre-Departure Orientation in Canada
- Arrival Orientation in Host Country
- Monthly Monitoring and Progress Reports
- 24 hour Emergency Support Overseas
- Academic Support
- Arrival Greeting by Representative from Partner Organisation and/or host family
- Round trip ground transfer between final host port (airport, train or bus station) and host family home
- Provision of Program Documentation: Orientation manual and other materials to prepare for student exchangeAnd
- The Opportunity to LEARN-TRAVEL-EXPERIENCE!
Additional fees the student is responsible for include:
- Airfare (While the airfare is not included in our pricing, we can help you find the best deal and recommend travel sites)
- Passport and Visa Fees (if required)
- School supplies, uniforms (if required), cafeteria lunch (if required) or extra-curricular activity fees
- Personal Spending money while abroad
- Transportation to and from school for some students, dependent on where the host family is located. Some students are required to take a bus or train, while others walk or bike to school. This is dependent on where the host family is located.
- Any cancellation, change or program addition fees as issued by YES Canada or the partner organisation.
- $500.00 application fee due with the submission of the full application. The application fee is only refunded in instances where the student is not accepted.
- Host Country Program Deposit due upon conditional acceptance. (Please note fees are specific to each exchange country).
- 35% of the remaining program fees are due upon receipt of the full acceptance letter.
- 40% of the remaining program fees are due 95 days prior to departure.
- 25% of the remaining program fees are due 35 days prior to departure.
- The $500.00 application fee is non-refundable, and due upon submission of the application to YES Canada.
- In the event of cancellation after conditional acceptance either all or a portion of the host country deposit is non-refundable (approximately $500-$1000). Please inquire for specic country details regarding non-refundable deposits (Dependent upon destination: France, Belgium, Australia and Spain have higher cancellation fees at this stage).
- In the event of cancellation after full acceptance but prior to conrmation of the host family placement, 35% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation after confirmation of the host family placement, 55% of the program fee is non-refundable
- In the event of cancellation after partner company visa documents have been issued 65% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation less than 30 days prior to departure 75% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation after program commences 100% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event the program is cancelled by YES Canada a refund will be given.
*Some countries vary from the standard policy. Please inquire.
*Extenuating circumstances will be considered. All cancellations must be received in writing.