NEW ZEALAND: SUMMER
Travel and experience life in another country, learn the language and live with a host family on a summer high school student exchange. The summer program in New Zealand allows students to take part in an exchange during their Canadian school holidays, and experience social and academic life in New Zealand.
HOW LONG CAN I STUDY ABROAD?
New Zealand at a Glance
Known ForMilford Sound, Lord of the Rings, Maori Aboriginal Culture, Kiwi birds, and more sheep than people!
CurrencyNew Zealand Dollar
LanguageEnglish and Maori
Say HelloHello or Kia Ora!
(2018 Calendar Year)
(2018 Calendar Year)
What’s Included for the Student Exchange Program?
- School Registration and Placement
- Host Family Recruitment, Screening and Placement
- Food and Lodging with Host Family
- Full and Comprehensive Medical Insurance provided by Guard.me
- Pre-Departure Orientation in Canada
- Arrival Orientation in Host Country
- Monthly Monitoring and Progress Reports
- 24 hour Emergency Support Overseas
- Academic Support
- Arrival Greeting by Representative from Partner Organisation and/or host family
- Round trip ground transfer between final host port (airport, train or bus station) and host family home
- Provision of Program Documentation: Orientation manual and other materials to prepare for student exchangeAnd
- The Opportunity to LEARN-TRAVEL-EXPERIENCE!
Additional fees the student is responsible for include:
- Airfare (While the airfare is not included in our pricing, we can help you find the best deal and recommend travel sites)
- Passport and Visa Fees (if required)
- School supplies, uniforms (if required), cafeteria lunch (if required) or extra-curricular activity fees
- Personal Spending money while abroad
- Transportation to and from school for some students, dependent on where the host family is located. Some students are required to take a bus or train, while others walk or bike to school. This is dependent on where the host family is located.
- Any cancellation, change or program addition fees as issued by YES Canada or the partner organisation.
*Please note that YES Canada reserves the right to modify and update program options, leading to changes in pricing. Please note that pricing may be subject to change. Please note which program term the posted rates apply to, if the term you are applying for is not posted please inquire. Once a preliminary application is received by YES Canada pricing will not change for the selected/corresponding program term (current term 2016/17). Should you apply for a program in 2017/18 or further into the future the rates will be determined at a later date and you must pay the listed 2017/18 or future program price, early registration does not qualify you for the listed website prices for 2016/17.
*Note: Students from the Atlantic Provinces, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, or private schools may be subject to an additional tuition levy of $1000. Note that whether a student participates in a one-way exchange or hosts an international student in their home, a reciprocal exchange occurs at the school level. As such, the tuition free exchange is provided when a Canadian student travels abroad and an international student assumes their place in the local school or school board. In instances where a reciprocal exchange cannot occur within a school board/province a levy may be charged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about fees and the participating provinces/school board designations.
- $500.00 application fee due with the submission of the full application. The application fee is only refunded in instances where the student is not accepted.
- Host Country Program Deposit due upon conditional acceptance. (Please note fees are specific to each exchange country).
- 35% of the remaining program fees are due upon receipt of the full acceptance letter.
- 40% of the remaining program fees are due 95 days prior to departure.
- 25% of the remaining program fees are due 35 days prior to departure.
- The $500.00 application fee is non-refundable, and due upon submission of the application to YES Canada.
- In the event of cancellation after conditional acceptance either all or a portion of the host country deposit is non-refundable (approximately $500-$1000). Please inquire for specic country details regarding non-refundable deposits (Dependent upon destination: France, Belgium, Australia and Spain have higher cancellation fees at this stage).
- In the event of cancellation after full acceptance but prior to conrmation of the host family placement, 35% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation after confirmation of the host family placement, 55% of the program fee is non-refundable
- In the event of cancellation after partner company visa documents have been issued 65% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation less than 30 days prior to departure 75% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation after program commences 100% of the program fee is non-refundable.
- In the event the program is cancelled by YES Canada a refund will be given.
*Some countries vary from the standard policy. Please inquire.
*Extenuating circumstances will be considered. All cancellations must be received in writing.