Join our Team
Want to be part of the YES Canada team?
Are you passionate about travel and studying abroad? We’d love you to be part of our team! We have several different kinds of jobs available, so see which is a good fit for you and send us your application.
Want to learn a bit more about who we are before you jump in? Visit our About Us page to get to know us better.
Orientation Camp Leader – Volunteer Position
Yearly Beginning in Late August
At YES Canada we provide study abroad programs to students from across the globe, inviting international students to study in Canada and assisting Canadians to study abroad. We provide students the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a brand new culture, language and environment while living with a host family and attending a host high school.
YES Canada provides a welcome orientation camp to students arriving to Canada at the start of their programs and we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to assist with the student orientation camp.
About the Position:
Student Orientation Leaders are the foundation of our Orientation Program that introduces students from France, Hungary, Austria, Holland, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, Australia, and New Zealand to Canadian culture, language and customs prior to embarking on their exchange program. Orientation leaders take a key role in welcoming the students to Canada and helping to prepare them for their program.
Student Orientation Leaders assist throughout the orientation by leading and chaperoning a small group of students over a four day period (August 26th-30th inclusive), assisting the students through a variety of activities in Toronto and Niagara. Leaders welcome students upon arrival at the airport, assist with airport transfers and check-in on the day of departure.
As a volunteer, Student Orientation Leaders are able to gain valuable experience working with students from other cultures while building their leadership skills in a unique environment. Groups of approximately 15-20 students will be assigned to each Leader. The Leader is responsible for ensuring the students feel welcomed, assist with their adjustment to Canada during the camp and report any issues to the YES Canada staff. The orientation camp includes a trip to Niagara Falls and several activities in Toronto, the costs of which are covered by YES Canada. YES Canada also covers the hotel stay for the Leaders from August 26 – 30th inclusive.
- All Student Leaders must be available for an orientation prep and training meeting on the afternoon of August 26, 2019.
- Transportation to and from the Orientation Venue in Toronto is the responsibility of the Leader. Leaders must be able to arrive at the hotel by 3pm on August 26th and be available for the duration of the orientation, on site, until 6pm on August 30, 2019.
- Leaders must have a current criminal reference check, or must be able to provide one prior to the Orientation.
- Leaders must have a great deal of energy and enthusiasm. The success of the activities is largely dependent on the passion of the leader and the ability to make the students feel welcome and comfortable quickly.
- Leaders must be mature, responsible and well organized to ensure the smooth running of the orientation and supervision of the international students.
- Previous experience working with youth, high school students or international students in an educational setting, camp or club/activity. Experience with teaching, education, camps or student events/activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and awareness of various cultures.
- Involvement with volunteer or student organizations.
- Experience in guiding or leading groups of students.
- Completion of high school diploma
- Experience living or studying abroad is an asset.
- First Aid qualifications are an asset
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com
Local Coordinator Positions for the 2021/2022 School Year
Are you a community minded and outgoing individual who enjoys meeting new people?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join a team dedicated to making unforgettable experiences for international teens in Canada!
YES Canada offers Canadian and International high school students the opportunity to study abroad with flexible terms of 3, 5, or 10 months. Students stay with a host family and attend a local high school while abroad.
YES Canada is looking for friendly, confident and energetic individuals to join our team in various communities across Canada to find and secure host families for incoming international students and provide on-program support for those students once in Canada.
The position is fulfilled on a contractor and commission basis and payment is issued for the various elements the role entails and requires. This role is not designed to be a sole income and is best viewed as a supplementary position for those that have a passion for working with students and the value of cultural experiences.
The YES Canada Local Coordinator position is a multifaceted role that has two major components:
– Finding and screening host families within the local area to welcome and host our inbound international students and consistently networking to build base of homestay families.
– Providing on-program support to our international students for the duration of their stay in Canada, including a welcome orientation, monthly check-ins, reports and intermittent troubleshooting in conversation with our main office team.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Familiarity with the local community
- Ability to work at irregular hours occasionally
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution and mediation
- A reliable vehicle and driving license
- A computer, printer and scanner with basic computer literacy
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills and access to the software
We are currently seeking Local Coordinators in communities across Canada, please contact us to ask if we are looking for representatives in your area.
If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through Indeed by clicking the links above (if opportunities are posted). Only successful candidates will be contacted – thank you!!
No positions available.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Have any questions?